Saturday, October 25, 2014

Parlez-vous français? Do you speak French?

I have a fascination with all things French.  Specifically the L'art Nouveau style.
  1.  Definition: a style of decorative art, architecture, and design prominent in western Europe and the US from about 1890 until World War I and characterized by intricate linear designs and flowing curves based on natural forms.

Tassel House Stairway
Architect Victor Horta

I have been learning to speak French and can finally say "Je parle français, un peu!" (I speak French, a little!) Why am I learning French? I hope to someday travel to France, specifically Paris, and immerse myself in their culture, art, and history. When I studied architecture design in college, L'art Nouveau screamed my name. In fact, all my Interior Design projects were done in this style.

Now that I have transitioned to jewelry design, it makes sense for me to incorporate Art Nouveau into my designs. 
I am working on a new collection called Primal Woods. Here is the first pair of earrings.  


 They embrace the fluid lines of Art Nouveau, but are also a bit edgy, almost primal. I think this influence is from growing up in the Sierra Mountains, so close to nature. I can honestly say these earrings are the most truest to my artistic nature that I have ever made. I look forward to creating more in this collection!

Merci beaucoup pour lisez! (Thank you very much for reading!)

No comments:

Post a Comment