Sunday, April 7, 2013

Art Bead Scene blog: April Challenge

I was inspired by the artwork for this month's challenge on Art Bead Scene blog and had to participate.

The artwork is Claude Monet's Walk in the Meadow at Artenteuil 1873 or 'La Promenade dans les Prairies a Argenteuil' in French. Monet painted several views of Artenteuil in his seven years of residing there. Depicted in the painting is his wife Camille who wears a white dress and holds a parasol standing by some poplars and his son Jean who is playing in the poppies.



I'm drawn to the painting's color's as well as the ephemeral quality which is apparent in the impressionism style. The colors are very similar to the color's of our spring that we are having right now here in Northern California. I am not a 'blue' person but find these blue's to be very refreshing and invigorating.

I wanted to create a piece that had movement and flow so I chose to do a cascading style necklace. I enjoyed making this piece!



I enameled some metal stampings with many different color enamels and strung different glass and crystal beads onto sterling silver circles. The necklace is finished wish sari silk woven through a silver plated chain. 

Here are a few more new designs soon to be added to my Etsy shop.

Thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty necklace. Love what you did.

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolyn and thank you also for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete