Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gratitude is the essence of true happiness

I believe true wealth is not measured in what we own, but in what we are grateful for. We can have all the money in the world, but without gratitude we have nothing-because it's meaning is nothing to us. On the other hand, we can be poor but rich with true friends and family, a warm comfy bed, and a positive outlook on life.

The secret to true happiness is to appreciate what we have been given, whether it is a soft warm winter afternoon, or a diamond engagement ring. We have learned the value of life and are truly rich when we are grateful and appreciate all we have.

I have a wonderful friend who sends me hand written thank you notes from time to time to let me know that she appreciates our friendship and values me as a person. This has taught me that we love to be recognized for who we are and all that we do. I now regularly do the same for the people in my life. By blessing those we love we are blessed.

I adore Isreal Kamakowiwo'ole and his message of gratitude. I watch this video when feeling down and it reminds to live in the moment and appreciate all that I have. You rock my world Isreal;)


”hibiscusI finally have my studio up and running again after our move in December so I am very grateful to be able to post some new creations to my Etsy shop.






”gypsy

”autumn


Autumn Breeze necklace-African green opal stone pendant





”Art

”Horse

”Peacock
Transformation necklace-White marble engraved stone pendant

Gratitude is not only the greatest of all the virtues, but the parent of all the others. Cicero


Please feel free to comment and let me know what you are grateful for in your life and what makes you truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment