Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cool and creamy cucumber salad & new necklaces

I love this salad and make it at least once a week throughout summer. I have a friend who gave this recipe to me years ago. Her family has been making it for generations.  It lasts for a few days in the refrigerator and is a perfect snack on a hot summer day. It's a breeze to make!

Slice a tasty cucumber of choice. I used Jane Dickfleichige from my garden. Check out my post on The joys of homesteading.
Then mix together 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon mayonnaise, preferably Bests Foods and one teaspoon sugar.  You can change amounts to your taste.
Then add sliced cucumbers and sprinkle with dill or salt and pepper. That's it! You have to now let the cucumbers sit in the refrigerator overnight, or if you are like me and can't wait, only a few hours.  The cucumbers will bleed and the salad becomes creamy and juicy. Here are a few necklaces added to my Etsy shop!
”Pegasus
”Autumn
”Swirl
”Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment