Monday, January 17, 2011

Glorious spring!


 
These are some of my favorite pictures.They were taken in springtime in Japan, and they are perfect to chase the winter blues away! I was blessed to be able to take a vacation to visit my son. He was stationed there in Yokota, near Tokyo so I went and stayed with him for three weeks. I planned it so we would visit Kyoto when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. 
 This adorable lady was color coordinated with the cherry blossoms with her blazer and matching skirt. Check out the purple hat to match. Doesn't she remind you of a blossoming flower?

 The Cherry blossom canal in Kyoto was probably my favorite experience in all of Japan. So serene and peaceful.

 This Buddha temple butted up against some mountains in Kyoto. If I was a Buddhist monk I would want to be one here.

A street in the Pontocho District, Known as Kyoto's oldest entertainment quarters. You could possibly see a Geisha, or dress as one!



My son and I fought over who took this pictures, but I know I did. Hehehehe.



2 comments:

  1. Carol,so happy to have found your blog..Please pop over and visit sometime..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those cherry blossoms are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete